The financial landscape in the Philippines has evolved significantly in recent years, with digital lending platforms gaining popularity among individuals seeking quick and accessible financial assistance. Among these platforms, Digido stands out as a reliable and legitimate loan app provided by Digido Finance Corp.
In this review, CashExpress PH will delve deep into the various aspects of Digido, exploring its application process, loan requirements, interest rates, advantages, and disadvantages.
Additionally, we will compare Digido with other loan apps available in the Philippines and examine customer feedback to determine its overall effectiveness. By the end of this review, readers will have a thorough understanding of whether applying for a Digido loan is the right financial choice for their needs.
Overview of Digido Loan
Digido has emerged as a prominent player in the online lending market in the Philippines, offering an efficient and straightforward loan application process. With just a computer or a mobile phone with internet access, borrowers can conveniently apply for loans ranging from 500 to 30,000 PHP.
The loan term options of 3 to 6 months provide flexibility for borrowers to choose a repayment plan that suits their financial situation.
However, borrowers must be mindful of the interest rate, which averages 11.9% per month and can have a significant impact on the total cost of borrowing. First-time borrowers, though, are offered a 0% interest rate for the initial 7 days, which can be an attractive incentive.
Digido is a financial support product provided by Digido Finance Corp, a reputable lending institution registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). As a certified and legitimate loan provider, Digido offers borrowers the confidence of a safe and secure lending experience.
The application process is designed to be hassle-free, requiring only a valid ID card. With loan amounts ranging from 500 to 30,000 PHP, Digido caters to a wide range of financial needs, making it a suitable option for both emergencies and planned expenses.
However, it is worth noting that first-time borrowers might face a lower loan limit, which should be considered when determining the loan amount required.
Advantages of Digido in the Philippines
Digido’s loan application process offers several advantages that make it a popular choice among borrowers in the Philippines. Some of the key benefits include:
- Simple and User-Friendly: The loan application process can be completed online through a computer or mobile phone with internet access, making it easy and convenient for borrowers.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Digido provides round-the-clock customer support, even on weekends and holidays, ensuring borrowers can seek assistance whenever they need it.
- Minimal Documentation: Unlike traditional lenders, Digido requires only one valid ID for loan approval, eliminating the need for collateral, guarantors, or proof of income.
- High Approval Rate: With an automated approval system, Digido boasts an impressive loan approval rate of over 90%, providing borrowers with quick access to funds.
- Fast Disbursement: After loan approval, borrowers can expect funds to be disbursed within a few hours, allowing them to address their financial needs promptly.
- Transparent Fee Structure: Digido maintains transparency with its fee structure, ensuring borrowers are aware of all charges, with no hidden or upfront fees.
- Flexible Payment Options: Digido offers multiple repayment methods, providing borrowers with the flexibility to choose the most convenient option for them.
- Data Privacy: Digido prioritizes customer data privacy, ensuring that all personal information remains confidential and secure.
Disadvantages of Digido Loan App
While Digido offers several advantages, it also has some limitations that potential borrowers should consider:
- Relatively Lower Loan Limits: First-time borrowers may find the loan limit to be lower than expected, which might not suffice for larger financial needs.
- Short Loan Terms: The loan terms of 3 to 6 months may not suit everyone’s repayment capabilities, especially for borrowers seeking longer-term loans.
- Higher Interest Rates: The interest rate of 11.9% per month can be relatively high compared to traditional lenders, impacting the overall cost of borrowing.
Digido Interest Rate and Its Calculation
The interest rate is a crucial factor that borrowers should carefully consider before applying for a loan. Digido’s interest rate in the Philippines averages 11.9% per month, with a maximum APR of 143% per annum. For first-time borrowers, the 0% interest rate offer for the initial 7 days can be an attractive incentive. However, borrowers should thoroughly evaluate the interest rates and loan limits to ensure they can comfortably repay the loan on time.
Illustrative Example of Digido Interest Rate Calculation
To better comprehend the cost of borrowing, let’s consider an example. Suppose a borrower applies for a loan of 20,000 pesos with a 4-month repayment term and an interest rate of 12% per month. In this case:
- The monthly principal amount to be paid is 5,000 pesos.
- The amount of interest payable monthly is 20,000 x 12% = 2,400 pesos.
- The total amount payable for one month is 7,400 pesos.
Digido Loan Requirements
To be eligible for a Digido loan, applicants must meet certain requirements. Borrowers must be Filipino citizens aged between 21 and 70 years old with a stable income that allows them to meet the loan obligations. For first-time borrowers, only one valid ID is required, which may include documents such as COE, ITR, company ID, DTI, or payslips. Additionally, the borrower’s mobile number must be active and functioning two-way, without any blocking.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for a Digido Loan
The application process for a Digido loan is designed to be simple and user-friendly. Borrowers can follow these steps to apply for a loan:
- Visit Digido’s official website and select the desired loan limit.
- Enter the phone number and review the loan terms before clicking “Apply Now.”
- Confirm the phone number by entering the OTP code received via SMS.
- Provide necessary personal information, including full name, date of birth, email, address, job details, references, and bank account or e-wallet information.
- Upload a photo of the valid ID to verify personal information.
- Wait for the loan approval, which usually takes about 5 minutes, and receive the funds in a few hours.
Reviews and Feedback of Digido Loan App
Customer feedback plays a crucial role in assessing the effectiveness and reliability of any lending platform. Digido has garnered positive reviews, with borrowers appreciating its efficiency and fast disbursement process. Many borrowers have praised Digido for its simplicity and ease of use, making it a popular choice for those seeking quick financial solutions. Additionally, the absence of complaints indicates that Digido has maintained a satisfactory level of customer satisfaction.
Digido Loan Repayment Options
To ensure borrowers have a hassle-free loan repayment experience, Digido offers multiple convenient methods for repayment:
- Partial payments can be made through bank transfers to the account number provided by Digido.
- Borrowers can pay via online banks such as Union Bank, BDO, BPI, China Bank, Maybank, Landbank, and Metrobank.
- Cash payments can be made at payment centers like 7-Eleven, ECPay, Robinsons, and Savemore.
- Digital wallets such as Coins.ph and Cebuana Lhuillier can also be used for loan repayment.
Comparing Digido Loan App with Other Loan Apps in the Philippines
To understand how Digido fares compared to other loan apps in the Philippines, we have compared it with two other popular platforms, Finbro PH and Vamo, based on various criteria:
|Loan App||Digido App||Finbro PH||Vamo|
|Amount||500 – 30,000 PHP||1,000 – 50,000 PHP||1,000 – 30,000 PHP|
|Interest Rate||11.9% per month||0.5% – 1.25% per day||1.3% per day|
|Term||3 – 6 months||1 – 12 months||10 – 30 days|
|Age||21 – 70 years old||20 – 65 years old||20 – 65 years old|
|Approval Time||5 minutes||15 minutes||10 minutes|
Digido Customer Service Information
To ensure borrowers receive adequate support and assistance, Digido provides the following customer service information:
Digido Finance Corp.
- Head Office: Units P107003R, P107007R, P107008R, Level 7 Cyberpark Tower1, 60 Gen. Aguinaldo Ave., Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines 1109
- Customer Support Hotline: (02) 8876-84-84 (Available from 8 AM to 5 PM daily)
Frequently Asked Questions – Digido Loan App in the Philippines
To address common queries about Digido loans, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions:
Is Digido a legitimate lending service?
Yes, Digido is a legally operating financial assistance service with certification from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and a Certificate of Authority. Borrowers can rely on Digido for quick and legitimate financial support.
How can Digido be paid using GCash?
To pay a Digido loan using GCash, borrowers need to follow these steps: (Step-by-step process).
Is Digido registered with the SEC?
Yes, Digido has obtained SEC Registration number CS202003056, validating its legal operations. The company complies with Philippine laws regarding interest rates, fees, disbursement, and repayment processes.
How can Digido be paid at 7-Eleven?
To pay a Digido loan at 7-Eleven, borrowers need to follow these steps: (Step-by-step process).
How can I delete my Digido account?
Digido retains customer accounts for a period of 5 years. After this period, the loan application information will be automatically deleted from the system, ensuring customer data privacy.
How can Digido be paid using Paymaya?
To pay Digido loans using Paymaya, borrowers need to follow these steps: (Step-by-step process).
Where can Digido loans be paid?
Borrowers can repay Digido loans through online banks such as Union Bank, BDO, BPI, China Bank, Maybank, Landbank, and Metrobank. Cash payments can be made at payment centers such as 7-Eleven, ECPay, Robinsons, and Savemore. Digital wallets like Coins.ph and Cebuana Lhuillier are also acceptable for loan repayment.
Does Digido conduct field visits?
No, Digido does not conduct direct field visits for loan appraisal. The loan approval process is automated, primarily based on credit history and personal registration information. Late or delayed payments may attract interest and penalty fees, but Digido does not conduct harassment calls or disturb relatives in case of unpaid loans.
Conclusion – Is Digido the Right Choice for You?
In conclusion, Digido offers a convenient and reliable online loan service that caters to varying financial needs. With its easy application process and quick approval, it has gained popularity among borrowers seeking prompt financial solutions. However, borrowers should consider the relatively short loan term, higher interest rates, and lower first-time loan limit when making a decision. By analyzing their financial capabilities and repayment capacity, individuals can determine whether applying for a Digido loan is the right choice for their specific requirements.
As with any financial decision, borrowers are encouraged to exercise caution and conduct thorough research before committing to a loan. By carefully assessing their financial needs and evaluating the terms and conditions offered by Digido, borrowers can make an informed choice that aligns with their financial goals and capabilities.