In the ever-evolving landscape of financial services, the Tala Loan App has emerged as a significant player in the Philippines. Offering accessible, quick, and convenient loan options, Tala has garnered considerable attention and praise. In this review, we will delve into various aspects of the Tala Loan App to provide you with detailed insights for the year 2023.
Summary of Tala Loan App
- Maximum Loan: PHP 1,000 – PHP 10,000
- Age Requirement: 20 – 65 years old
- Loan Term: 1 – 12 months
- Interest Rate: 15 – 15.7% per month
- Requirements: National ID
- Pros: Easy login, no victim
- Cons: Service fees apply
- Effectiveness: Good
- Bad Debt: Allowed
- Harassment: Via phone and email
- Legit: Yes
- Payment: GCash
- Contact Number: 09190822695
- Tala Loan App Download: https://tala.ph/
- Email Address: email@example.com
What is Tala Loan App?
Tala stands as one of the premier platforms in the Philippines for securing quick cash loans. As a legitimate online lender registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Tala Financing Philippines Inc. provides users with an array of financial tools, including loan management spreadsheets and budgeting aids.
Pros of Tala Loan
Tala Loan offers numerous advantages:
- Accessibility: Tala extends its services to individuals without traditional credit histories, broadening the scope of financial assistance.
- Convenience: The application process for Tala loans is swift and can be completed via mobile app.
- Speed: Tala expedites the funds disbursement process, aiding borrowers in critical situations.
- Flexibility: Tala loans permit borrowers to select repayment arrangements that align with their financial capabilities.
Cons of Tala App
While Tala boasts several advantages, it also has its drawbacks:
- High Interest Rates: Tala imposes relatively high interest rates, which may prove burdensome for borrowers, especially those facing financial challenges.
- Overborrowing Risk: The easy accessibility of Tala loans may lead some users to overborrow, potentially spiraling into unmanageable debt.
- Limited Loan Amounts: Tala’s loan amounts may not suffice for individuals with substantial financial needs.
- Regional Availability: Tala’s services may not be available in all regions, restricting access for potential users.
- Credit Score Impact: Defaulting on Tala loans could negatively impact a user’s credit score, even though Tala does not conduct traditional credit checks.
Tala Loan Interest Rates
Tala’s loan application features a variable interest rate ranging from 15% to 15.7% per month. Additional fees include a service fee of either 11% (for a 21-day loan term) or 15% (for a 30-day loan term), along with a late payment fee of 8% of the total amount owed.
Example of Tala Loan Interest Calculator
To better understand the cost of a Tala loan, let’s consider an example:
- Loan Amount: $1,000
- Annual Interest Rate: 15%
- Loan Term: 12 months
Monthly Interest Rate = Annual Interest Rate / 12 = 15% / 12 = 1.25% Monthly Interest Payment = Loan Balance x Monthly Interest Rate = $1,000 x 1.25% = $12.50 Monthly Payment = Monthly Interest Payment + Monthly Principal Payment = $12.50 + $100 = $112.50 New Loan Balance = Previous Loan Balance – Monthly Principal Payment = $1,000 – $100 = $900
Tala Loan Limit
Tala’s loan limits are influenced by factors such as location, credit history, and repayment capacity:
- Tala First Loan Limit: For first-time borrowers, Tala typically offers a loan ranging from $10 to $500.
- Tala Second Loan Amount: Repaying the first loan on time may qualify you for a higher second loan, ranging from $50 to $750.
- Tala Third Loan Amount: Consistent on-time payments could result in an even higher third loan, ranging from $100 to $1,000 or more.
- Tala Fourth Loan Amount: Similar to the second loan, if you have a history of timely repayments, Tala might further increase your loan limit.
Tala Loan Requirements
To ensure your Tala loan application is not rejected, consider these general requirements:
- Age: Typically, applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency: You should reside in a region where Tala operates. Tala extends its loan services to multiple countries, and eligibility depends on your location.
- Identification: Providing a valid government-issued ID or another form of identification is usually required.
- Financial History: Tala evaluates creditworthiness using unconventional data, such as mobile phone usage and spending habits, bypassing the need for traditional credit backgrounds.
- Bank Account: A bank account is often necessary, as Tala typically disburses loans directly into bank accounts.
- Steady Income: While not always requiring traditional employment, Tala may seek proof of a stable income source or adequate funds for repayment.
- Email Address: An active email address is essential for receiving loan-related communications.
- Valid Mobile Number: A functioning mobile number capable of receiving SMS texts is necessary for communication.
How to Apply for a Tala Loan in the Philippines
Follow these step-by-step instructions to apply for a Tala Loan:
Step 1: Download the Tala App
- Visit the Google Play Store (for Android) or the Apple App Store (for iOS) on your smartphone.
- Search for “Tala Philippines” and download the Tala app.
- Install the app on your device.
Step 2: Create an Account
- Open the Tala app and sign up for an account.
- Provide your mobile number and create a password.
- Verify your identity by entering the verification code sent to your mobile number.
Step 3: Complete Your Profile
- After creating an account, fill in your personal information, including your name, date of birth, and address.
- Tala may request additional information to assess your creditworthiness, such as income and expenses details.
Step 4: Apply for a Loan
- Once your profile is complete, you can apply for a loan within the Tala app.
- Specify the loan amount and desired loan term.
- Tala will evaluate your eligibility based on the information provided.
- If approved, the loan amount will be deposited directly into your designated bank account.
Tala Loan Reviews and Feedback
Customers have shared their experiences with the Tala Loan App, offering insights into the user journey and satisfaction levels. Many find the application process quick and straightforward, with high praise for the app’s user-friendly interface. Users have expressed appreciation for the convenience of applying for loans via mobile devices, highlighting Tala’s efforts in making financial assistance more accessible.
However, it’s essential to acknowledge that, like any financial service, Tala has faced some criticisms. Users have noted potential technological issues and reported instances of subpar customer service. It’s crucial for prospective borrowers to consider both positive and negative reviews when assessing Tala’s suitability for their financial needs.
Tala Loan Payment Methods
Making payments on your Tala loan is a straightforward process. Here are six steps to guide you:
Step 1: Access the Tala App
- Open the Tala app on your smartphone or download it from the Google Play Store (for Android) or the Apple App Store (for iOS) if you haven’t already.
Step 2: Log In to Your Tala Account
- Log in using your mobile number and password associated with your Tala account.
- In the app, you can view your active loan(s) and the amount due.
Step 3: Choose a Payment Method
- Tala offers various payment methods, including bank transfer, over-the-counter payments at partner locations, mobile wallets, and debit/credit card payments.
- Select the most convenient payment mode for you.
Step 4: Enter Payment Details
- Depending on your chosen payment option, you may need to provide specific information.
- For over-the-counter payments, follow the instructions provided in the app.
Step 5: Confirm and Complete Payment
- Review the payment details for accuracy.
- Once satisfied, confirm the payment.
- Note: For digital payments, follow the app’s guidance closely, ensuring adherence to Tala’s payment requirements. If making an over-the-counter payment, follow provided instructions and retain payment receipts or reference numbers for your records.
Comparing Tala Loan to Other Apps
To offer a broader perspective, let’s compare Tala Loan to other loan apps in the market:
|Lending Platform||Tala Loan App||Mr. Cash Loan||Peso Buffet|
|Interest Rate||15% – 15.7% per month||3.315% – 4.563% per month||10% – 20% per year|
|Loan Amount||Up to PHP 10,000||Up to PHP 500,000||Up to PHP 10,000|
|Loan Term||Up to 6 months||Up to 6 months||Up to 6 months|
Tala Loan Customer Service
For assistance with Tala loan inquiries, you can contact their customer service through the following channels:
- Phone Number:
- Globe: 09778118252 / 09778508252 / 09778558252
- Smart: 09190822695 / 09190742930
- Email Address:
- For general inquiries: email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For payment concerns: email email@example.com
- For concerns about the Tala Wallet: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tala Loan App Review FAQs
Looking for information about the Tala Loan App? Check out the frequently asked questions below:
Is the Tala loan app legitimate?
Yes, the Tala loan app is a reputable and legitimate financial technology platform. It offers loans to individuals who may not have access to traditional banking services. Tala is well-known and has garnered positive feedback from users in various regions.
How can I transfer my Tala loan to GCash?
To transfer your Tala loan to GCash, follow these steps:
- Log in to your GCash account on your mobile phone.
- Select “Bank Transfer” and choose Tala as the bank.
- Enter the transfer amount and your Tala loan account details.
- Confirm the transfer and await processing. Your Tala loan funds will be deposited into your GCash account upon completion.
How can I claim a Tala loan in GCash?
To claim a Tala loan in GCash, follow these procedures:
- Launch the GCash mobile app.
- Navigate to the “Borrow” or Tala loan section.
- Select Tala loan and provide the required information.
- Wait for Tala to approve the loan. Once approved, the loan amount will be credited to your GCash account.
How can I claim a Tala loan at Palawan Express?
Follow these steps to claim a Tala loan at Palawan Express:
- Visit a nearby Palawan Express outlet.
- Complete the Palawan Express transaction form.
- Provide your Tala loan reference number and the loan amount.
- Present a valid ID for verification.
- Pay the required remittance and service fees.
- Palawan Express will process your claim, and you will receive the loan amount in cash.
How can I cancel a Tala loan application?
To cancel your Tala loan application, contact their customer service directly. Visit their official website or call their customer service hotline for specific cancellation instructions. Be prepared to provide details about your application and any other necessary information.
How long does it take for Tala to approve a loan?
Tala typically approves loans within minutes to a few hours. The approval time may vary based on factors such as your location, the completeness of your application, and the current volume of loan requests being processed.
How can I increase my Tala loan limit?
To increase your Tala loan limit, ensure timely repayment of your loans and maintain a positive borrowing history. Tala evaluates borrowers’ repayment behavior and gradually raises loan limits for responsible users who make on-time payments.
How can I obtain a Tala loan using GCash?
To apply for a Tala loan through GCash, follow these steps:
- Open the GCash app and complete the account verification process.
- Select “Borrow Load” from the main menu.
- Locate Tala under the loan providers.
- Enter your Tala ID, desired loan amount, and repayment terms.
- Review and sign your loan application. Tala’s data-based review process ensures quick loan approval.
How can I pay my Tala loan at 7-Eleven?
To make a payment for your Tala loan at 7-Eleven, follow these steps:
- Visit a nearby 7-Eleven store that accepts bill payments.
- Inform the cashier that you wish to pay your Tala loan.
- Provide your Tala loan account number.
- Pay the outstanding loan balance along with any associated costs.
- Keep the payment receipt as proof of payment and consider reaching out to Tala or 7-Eleven for precise payment instructions.
Is Tala loan safe?
Yes, Tala is a trusted platform in the Philippines for obtaining quick cash loans. It is a legally registered online lender, known as Tala Financing Philippines Inc., and is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission. While based in Santa Monica, California, Tala also operates in Kenya, India, and Mexico.
Can I disburse Tala loan to Tala wallet?
Yes, you can transfer your Tala loan funds directly to your Tala wallet. Borrowers can conveniently access their loan funds within the Tala ecosystem, making it easy to use the money for various purposes.
What happens if a Tala loan goes unpaid?
Unpaid Tala loans can have serious consequences, including:
- A potential negative impact on your credit score, making it difficult to secure future loans or credit.
- Accumulation of late fees or penalties on your outstanding balance.
- Collection efforts by Tala, which may include calls, letters, or legal action to recover the debt.
Tala Loan App is a mobile lending service that has significantly contributed to financial inclusion in the Philippines. By utilizing unconventional data sources, such as mobile phone usage and financial transactions, Tala enables individuals without traditional credit histories to access small loans swiftly.
Tala offers flexible loan amounts and terms, all at competitive rates. The convenience of applying, receiving funds, and making repayments through the mobile app promotes financial empowerment for those who lack access to conventional banking services. As of 2023, Tala continues to serve as a valuable financial resource for many in the Philippines, reshaping the way individuals access credit and manage their financial lives.